Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
535612 Posts in 8931 Topics by 13434 Members
Latest Member: RDenman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Railway Arms - Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes forums
|-+  In-Depth Discussion
| |-+  Cast & Crew Discussion
| | |-+  "Prey" - new 3-part drama starring John Simm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: "Prey" - new 3-part drama starring John Simm  (Read 6123 times)
flip18
DCI

View Profile
"Prey" - new 3-part drama starring John Simm
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:14 PM »

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/08/itv-orders-three-part-drama-prey-from-chris-lunt-john-simm-to-star/

ITV has ordered a new three-part drama titled Prey, which is described as a thriller and hails from writer Chris Lunt and Red Production Company (whose drama series Scott & Bailey was just renewed for a fourth season). Production on the drama, which will star John Simm (Mad Dogs) in the leading role, is slated to commence on location in Manchester in October.

Jessie
Superintendent

View Profile
Re: "Prey" - new 3-part drama starring John Simm
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Thanks so much for letting us know! So now we know what one of those "one or two TV things" is. Grin

In Manchester??? Same as Phil?? I can't believe it?! Yay! Yay!

Jessie

"Don't be such a jessie!" (Gene Hunt)
capribird
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:20 PM »

"John Simm will play Detective Constable Marcus Farrow, a well-liked copper, with a wife and two kids.  Although he and his wife Abi are going through a rough patch, they’re trying not to let it disrupt life for their sons, Max and Finn.

But when Farrow is found at the scene of a brutal crime, with all the evidence pointing towards him, his world collapses.

Arrested and charged, it seems Farrow’s fate is sealed. So when he gets the opportunity to escape, he seizes it with both hands.

Now Farrow is on the run in Manchester.  A criminal on the streets he used to police."

Was just coming on here to post the above, courtesy of lifein1973. Sounds fantastic, and yes in Manchester at the same time as Phil. **does happy dance**

Thanks to virunee at simm-ply simm for the sig!
BronzeCortina
Detective Inspector

http://www.thefreakiestshow.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Wheeeee! Wheeeee! This sounds absolutely brilliant - the sort of role John excels in (angsty!). I really can't wait for this!!!  And Phil's new project sounds great as well - what with these and the new Doctor Who (Peter Capaldi) coming up next year, we have a LOT to look forward to, don't we?! 

I wonder when John will film S2 of The Village then?  I kind of assumed that filming for that would go September to December like S1... perhaps John is only in part of the series, so will have time to fit it in before he goes up to Manchester...

"It is just me, or has the world always been this way and I've simply been too wrapped up in myself to notice?"   Arthur Dent, The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
------------------------------------
So this is it - we're going to die? It's at times like these I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me..." " Why, what did she tell you?"  "I don't know - I didn't listen!"   Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect, The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Johnelle
Detective Inspector

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:56 PM »

John and Phil in Manchester (my home town) at the same time??? This just gets better and better!!  *thud* *thud* *thud*

It was only earlier on today that I thought so Phil is going to be doing some filming in Manchester soon. Wouldn't it just be wonderful if John was there too...

Wonder where the locations of Prey will be (And where the locations of Phil's new project will be)
BronzeCortina
Detective Inspector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 02:23 PM »

I wonder if we will be able to spot any 'Life on Mars' locations?  I particularly like the sound of how it will be filmed - 'as if from the back of a transit van', apparently (or words to that affect). I'm expecting lots of jiggly close-up shots, lots of stubble, grubby clothes, cigarette-smoking...ducking down back streets... well, who knows. But it sounds great.  Wheeeee!

"It is just me, or has the world always been this way and I've simply been too wrapped up in myself to notice?"   Arthur Dent, The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
So this is it - we're going to die? It's at times like these I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me..." " Why, what did she tell you?"  "I don't know - I didn't listen!"   Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect, The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Peter Popper
DCI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:13 AM »

I'm pretty excited about this. It doesn't sound like something I'd expect John to be a part of. Between the script and the way the project is going to be shot, John must have found it "unturndownable."  Yay!

capribird
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 08:49 AM »

Yeah can't wait. I've already got a couple of trips up to Manchester planned before I heard this news, so you never know your luck. I might just blunder upon some filming Smiley

Jessie
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27 AM »

Good luck!! Group hug!

Jessie

capribird
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Thanks but I know what my luck is usually like Sad

Oh and - why is it that every time I read this thread the Take That song Pray leaps into my head?

There you go. Now you'll be singing it too. LOL!

BronzeCortina
Detective Inspector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Just a reminder that filming is due to start in approx ten days or so for John's new project (wanted to 'bump' it up to the front page in case we get duplicate threads - though I'm sure our brilliant Mods would take care of that :-)

So here's a little speculation for you - does anyone else think that whilst 'Prey' might sound a typically 'gritty northern drama' (Yay!), the name 'Marcus Farrow' somehow doesn't???  'Mark Farrow', yes, but 'Marcus'... hmm, could we be in for a surprise? (i.e. John not using his natural accent?) 

It will be interesting too, to see whether Marcus' situation (being on the run) requires some facial hair... my guess is that it will, increasing as the story unfolds, perhaps... what does everyone else think?

Peter Popper
DCI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Just a reminder that filming is due to start in approx ten days or so for John's new project (wanted to 'bump' it up to the front page in case we get duplicate threads - though I'm sure our brilliant Mods would take care of that :-)

So here's a little speculation for you - does anyone else think that whilst 'Prey' might sound a typically 'gritty northern drama' (Yay!), the name 'Marcus Farrow' somehow doesn't???  'Mark Farrow', yes, but 'Marcus'... hmm, could we be in for a surprise? (i.e. John not using his natural accent?) 

It will be interesting too, to see whether Marcus' situation (being on the run) requires some facial hair... my guess is that it will, increasing as the story unfolds, perhaps... what does everyone else think?

When the boys were choosing their new names in MD3, Baxter told Rick he shouldn't use a name like Floyd, Everton or Tyrell. Well, in America, Marcus is somewhat equivalent to those names, so it's going to take some time to see John as a Marcus. Well, it's better than Lloyd. Roll Eyes

I'm a little concerned with the "guerrilla-style" filming technique they plan to use. I think it's going to make it difficult to get clean screencaps. Grin

RE facial hair for this role: On the run usually equals scruffy, a look at which Mr. Simm excels.

Has there been any word on the rest of the cast? I haven't seen anything.

Jessie
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Someone on twitter posted this .

Rachael Howarth ‏@rachaelhowarth  11h

So apparently John Simm and Philip Glenister are filming near Piccadilly. Hope it's the latest Life on Mars spin off rather than Mad Dogs!

So this wasn't for "Prey" then??

Jessie

Peter Popper
DCI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Someone on twitter posted this .

Rachael Howarth ‏@rachaelhowarth  11h

So apparently John Simm and Philip Glenister are filming near Piccadilly. Hope it's the latest Life on Mars spin off rather than Mad Dogs!

So this wasn't for "Prey" then??

Jessie

Some follow-up emails clarified that, while John is filming Prey, Phil will be working on From Here to There. Wasn't that one of titles considered for Everyday?

capribird
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 08:04 AM »

I forsee a few boys nights out for those two!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
Jump to: